Tips from your pharmacist
- If you take more than one medicine, use daily or weekly pill containers to help remind you when to take the medicine
- If you have trouble opening the pill bottles, ask your pharmacy to put your medicine in a bottle with an “easy open” lid
- If you find it difficult to swallow pills, ask if your medicine comes in a liquid form or if you are able to chew or crush it
- Try to use the same pharmacy for all of your medicines so they will have all your records and can check for drug interactions with each prescription
- When you pick up your prescription refill, check that the medicine looks the same as the last time, if it doesn’t, ask!
- If other people in your family are taking medicines, use a marker to highlight the person’s name on each bottle or store them in different locations
- Read the patient information sheets you receive when you pick up your prescription from the pharmacy and ask your pharmacist if you have any questions